Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES.... 24 HOURS OF CULINARY DELIGHTS. FROM MINUS 10 IN BRUSSELS TO 16 DEGREES IN BARCELONA.

THE LAST MEAL IN BRUSSELS. A LOCAL SPECIALITY. Frietjes drowned in gravy. I tasted, but didn't order these. For me, something a little simpler was needed. Plain frietjes and mayonnaise.



WE HAVE ARRIVED IN BARCELONA. A DECENT COFFEE AT LAST. Taken at the Flea Market Els Encants Vells at the cafe frequented by the stall holders called El Palmeria. These two ladies (only one pictured- and she is making my bocadillo!) had the whole market place covered.



BOCADILLO CON CHORIZO DE PUEBLO. Heaven. So happy to be here. I am not sure why this appeals to me more than the frietjes - probably same amount of heart-attack material here, but for some reason, so much tastier. Being back in Spain for the first time since 1992 (!!!!!) makes me realise my love for southern europe. As much as I have been diggin on the northern euro vibe a lot over the past two years the life here is damn appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment